Thanks for tuning in to the World of Arizona podcast network. I’m Amber. …and this is…7 things this week, June 17th, 2019. Folks…We have some interesting ones for you this week! Let’s jump in!
- Time…actually twenty five years to be exact have passed since Hootie & The Blowfish told us to Let Her Cry.
I’m so excited that Hootie will be Holding our Hands again at Ak-Chin Pavilion in Phoenix this Wednesday. Oh Hootie, I Only Wanna Be With You too!
- Gilbert, Arizona helps us experience the tropics, the farm, nature and zen all at once on Friday with…Hawaiian Goat Yoga!
If you’re obsessed with these quirky little creatures as much as I am, this event is for you. Arizona Goat Yoga is hosting a Goat Yoga luau class…complete with specially trained yoga goats sporting Hawaiian shirts and leis. Honestly, I’m not sure it gets better than this people! So cute. Go and have “The Best Day of Your Life”!
- Now that we’re all stretched, relaxed and full of pure joy from the wonderful Goat Yoga, let’s experience some laughter therapy in Scottsdale with the hilarious…Jay Leno.
Jay and his iconic chin will be making us roll at Talking Stick Resort this Saturday night. Incredibly, the infamous Jay Leno has been doing stand up comedy for over forty years and still tours across the nation performing over 100 live shows a year. Wow.
- Who doesn’t love pets? No one, that’s who. Heading over to Delta Hotels in Mesa this Saturday we’ll experience PetFest 2019.
Yes, PetFest! The event that’s everything pets! Join in the pet community furry fun with a whole slew of YouTube Creators and pet related vendors. There willl be meet and greet opportunities, panels, raffles, contests, presentations and animal rescues. Ironically, no pets or animals are allowed at this event, so leave your animal family members at home. I guess you would say this is an opportunity to meet some “famous” pets, as well as, pick up some sweet swag for your “not-so-famous” pets.
- San Tan Brewing Company has us crawling in Chandler Saturday for their Downtown Chandler Brewery Crawl.
If you find yourself saying “Beer Me” on a regular basis, well, this event is for you. 30 bucks will get you a beer at each of the five local breweries along the crawl. Ya know…I’m just impressed there’s actually five places that brew their own beer in Downtown Chandler alone! Anywho…also included in the price of admission is a burrito at SanTan Brewing Company and popcorn at FLIX Brewhouse. I can personally recommend the popcorn at FLIX. Yum and cheers! On that note…
- Let’s head over to Queen Creek for number six on the list, and munch on some oh so sweet…sweet corn!
The Queen Creek Olive Mill is kicking off the season with its annual Corn Roast on Saturday where they’ll be grillin’ up some non-GMO sweet corn, sandwiches, beer and wine at “The Pit”. In addition to stuffing your face with delicious corn, you can also take in the live music out in “The Grove” from 6 to 9 pm. Admission is free…blankets and chairs are welcome.
- Finishing up in Phoenix at Comerica Theatre, Saturday, internet sensations; The Try Guys ask you to join them for a thrilling evening of comedy, spectacle and friendship. The Try Guys: Legends Of The Internet is the first nationwide live tour for this foursome of friends. Bringing their brand of “trying everything and anything” to life on the stage like you’ve never seen them before – unedited and unfiltered. Hmm, very intriguing.
And that’s a wrap! Thanks for listening to 7 Things This Week, a World Of Arizona Podcast series. See you next week, and remember, more information on all these events can be found on worldofarizona.com. Bah-bye!