Thanks for tuning in to the World of Arizona podcast network. I’m Amber. …and this is…7 things to do this week, June 24th, 2019. This week’s episode is sponsored by ArizonaShack.com, Arizona’s best home search website. Buy, sell, search and connect at ArizonaShack.com. Okay folks…We have a nice mix of things to do this week! Let’s jump in…
- It’s officially summer…so what better way to kick off the season with the boys of summer. I know your smart and all but in case you didn’t get that reference, I’m talking about America’s favorite pastime…baseball. In Phoenix on Monday, the Arizona Diamondbacks will be hosting their bitter rivals the LA Dodgers. Play ball!
- Over to Tempe we go on Wednesday for a few laughs with Archie and Friends at Tempe Improv Comedy Theatre. Archie & Friends is a variety show that includes stand up comedy, poetry, music and hilarious sketches. Think old school tv classics like “In Living Color” and “Mad TV” presented live on stage by talented local comedians. See you soon Arch-i-kins!
- Ya know…some people want to fill the world with silly love songs. You guessed it, the legend himself, Sir James Paul McCartney will be rocking out live on stage Wednesday at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix. Macca has been entertaining audiences for over 50 years, yeah, 50 years! Not to mention his start with a little ole band from Liverpool, what was their name? That’s right, the BEATLES. If you’re a music lover and crave an exceptional live experience, I don’t think you want to miss this one. Cheerio mates.
- Splashing our way over to Tempe Marketplace this Thursday, it’s Summer Splash Thursday. Kid around and cool down with music, games and prizes at the Splash Pad. Every week is a different theme and this week happens to be Frozen Fiesta! Splashers get the opportunity to pose for a free downloadable photo with sister princesses Anna & Elsa from Disney’s Frozen. How cool is that?
- Speaking of Frozen, The Queen Creek Performing Arts Center, as a part of their 2019 Family Theater series is presenting Disney’s Frozen Jr. this week. Performances start on Friday, June 28th and runs through Monday, July 1st. Experience live the love, magic, adventure and humor between the two famous princess sisters; Anna & Elsa. Let it go…oops, I mean let’s go!
- In Chandler, we’ll get our cultural history fix this week on Saturday. The Chandler Museum presents…Our Stories – Bigger Than Boxing: Muhammad Ali vs. Zora Folley. Picture it…March 22nd, 1967, Madison Square Garden, New York City. Two men face off in the ring for the Heavyweight Championship of the World. In the blue corner: the champ, Muhammad Ali. In the red corner: the challenger from Chandler, Arizona, Zora Folley. What follows is a fight at the crossroads of race, religion, sport, and the politics of the 1960s….Museum Administrator Jody Crago will examine the cultural history of the time through the lens of local boxer Zora Folley. Talk about intriguing.
- And Rounding Out Our Seven Things To Do This Week, let’s groove on over to the Tempe Center for the Arts on Saturday and enjoy the smooth jazz, soul and funk stylings of Contemporary Jazz Saxophonist Jeff Kashiwa. Oh yeah.
And that’s a wrap! Thanks for listening to 7 Things To Do This Week, a World Of Arizona Podcast series. See you next week, and remember, more information on all these events can be found on worldofarizona.com. Bah-bye!