This week is all about good vibes. We have more Arizona festivals, music, mini golf, puppies, barbeque, and beer. Amber’s got the weekly wrap-up for us.
Amber tells us about her night at the Ostrich Festival in Chandler, and they search the hashtag #arizonadogs for national puppy day in this week’s Exchange-O-Gram.
Weekly WOA Recap
Hello everyone and welcome to the second installment of “Weekly World of Arizona ”. This is where I recap the happenings of the week in the World of Arizona, aka the great state 48.
- The WOA Show studio was an explosion of green for episode 4 in honor of Irish culture in celebration of St. Patricks Day…NOT because I’m a little crazy and obsessed with all shades of the color green.
- The mystery of the Phoenix Lights which occurred 26 years ago in March of 1997 is still, well, a mystery. Although, I am still leaning more towards the teenage aliens sneaking out of the house and getting into mychive theory.
- It’s the last weekend to enjoy Cactus League Spring Training in the Valley of the Sun. The weather forecast is looking pretty good for all you baseball fans with the temps reaching a high of 81 on the last day, Tuesday.
- The First Day of Spring was Monday. Plus, it certainly seems like it’s been raining a lot, at least for Arizona, anyway. But I digress, with spring showers comes spring flowers. Along with fun festivals, food and more green!
- Temporarily named “Swift City” aka Glendale, Arizona was dazzled by Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Launch at State Farm Stadium for two sold out shows Friday and Saturday. The special occasion was even more special for two Scottsdale Swifties as they held their wedding at the concert! That’s right, Rene Hurtado and Max Bochman said “I Do” in the front row during the “Folklore” album portion with a recording of the poem “Seven” playing. Aww. Love. Love.
- Last week we talked an awful lot about the Chandler Chamber of Commerce’s annual event the Ostrich Festival. I’m happy to report that I had the chance to check out the tail end of the festival for a few hours and let me tell you it did not disappoint.
The Food Section | Barbeque & Beer Festival | Chandler, AZ
Chandler is at it again with their huge fun spring festivals held at Tumbleweed Park. This week’s event is definitely slanted towards more adult fun with KNIX’s Barbeque and Beer Festival!
With over 30 BBQ pit masters, beer, spirits and novelty food items, the 14th annual event will offer a full day of great music, family entertainment and finger licking good food with amazing crafted drinks to wash it all down.
There’s also an expanded VIP area that includes catered BBQ, private bars, shaded areas, standing pit access in front of the stage, restroom suites, VIP exclusive entertainment, soft seating, fire pits and a commemorative lanyard. That’s what I’m talking about, I feel like that would be a good prize for me since this is a free promotion…just to put it out there…it’s not like I’d go anyway….I would actually go.
Featured Article | Golfland Sunsplash | Mesa, AZ
With the arrival of spring comes feelings of love and new beginnings. So what’s more fitting and classic for a first date and new blossoming love than mini golf?
Check out the Golfland Sunsplash article.
Featured Events | Good Life Festival | Queen Creek, AZ
Schnepf Farms is keeping on trend with our spring good feelings vibes with, you guessed it, a festival, a “Good Life Festival” to be exact. Since it began in 2010, the Good Life Festival™ has quickly grown to become one of the most unique destinations to experience national musical acts, gourmet food, fine wine, craft beer and artisan retailers.
Good Life Festival is a complete entertainment experience with renowned national and local acts on an outdoor stage and a variety of prime experiences that celebrate “the Good Life.” In 2023, guests will enjoy a pre-concert wine, craft beer, and bourbon tasting, a variety of food, and even shopping amidst the farm’s beautiful surroundings. Add great live music under the stars after an afternoon of wine/beer tasting with savory bites and you have the makings of a perfect day at the Good Life Festival 2023.
Saturday | March 25
- Blue Oyster Cult
Sunday | March 26
- Kenny Loggins
- Nate Nathan (and the macdaddy-o’s band)
More Events in Arizona
- Bases and Brews Music Fest | Mark Coronado Park | Surprise, AZ
This is an event the volunteers at the Ostrich Festival recommended. Another Steve Levine Entertainment shin dig.
- Arizona Jazz Festival | Phoenix, AZ
- AZ Rockabilly Bash | Peoria, AZ
- Cave Creek Rodeo Days
Exchange-O-Gram | National Puppy Day | #arizonadogs
Today, March 23rd is National Puppy Day. Pretty sure the name says it all. Staying in line with our feel good theme, let’s get overloaded with cuteness and check out the hashbrown Arizona Dogs.
“Established in 2006, National Puppy Day is a paw-some day for all dog enthusiasts to celebrate unconditional love and fawn over the undeniably cute furballs that bring so much happiness into this world. While we’re all softies when it comes to our four-legged friends, today is also designed to raise awareness about puppy mills and help prospective pet owners consider adoption.”
The WOA Show YouTube Premier | Thursdays @7pm
Ok, let’s talk about YouTube Premieres. If you didn’t already know, this show airs for the first time on Thursday nights at 7PM. So you can’t fast forward or skip around, but you can partake in the live chat. So what I do is make up some popcorn, fire up my living room TV and open the YouTube app. I grab my computer and jump in the live chat. I know…pathetic…that’s pretty much my Thursday night.
On another note, for those of you who didn’t know, this show is also a podcast. You can find it on all the major podcast platforms as well as our website. The podcast usually gets updated on Fridays mostly because it seems to take about a day to circulate to all the platforms.